Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Hunt for Pluto Continues


As our two week (so far) hunt for Poor Poor Pluto continues, we received a wonderful surprise yesterday.

To take you back, JP’s Doctor (PA, actually) suggested we find a new Pluto. So far, JP still carries around the old one. He has had several baths and myself and some Mommy friends have agreed Poor Poor Pluto is probably fine.

In our hunt, in at least a dozen WalMarts to date, no luck on finding him. However, I did get information off the back of Mickey from the same style/family of products (or so we thought) in WalMart’s baby section and I wrote them an email.

To my delight I received a return email from Gail at Just Play Products. She offered to help and asked if I would call her. I did.

Gail and I figured out (mostly Gail) that our Poor Poor Pluto was from a line of toys that were made by another company before Just Play Products even began business a year ago. Just Play Products now makes the Mickey, Minnie, Eyeore, Tigger, Pooh, and Aristocats in the baby section, but no Pluto. Evidently Pluto is being phased out from the WalMart Baby Section (that’s my assumption, not fact yet). We’re not exactly sure why. And by the time I’m through I’m thinking WalMart may have a demand for him from all my Twitter and Facebook friends.

So, back and forth Gail and I went through email trying, with little luck, to find our Poor Poor Pluto. I was so thankful for Gail from the beginning:

“Thank you so much for your help! Being in Customer Service myself, you've made my day for helping and researching our dilemma. I know that you very easily could have said "not ours" and moved on and yet you've been so helpful! Thank you so much for your kindness.”

Gail has been almost as relentless as I have with locating Poor Poor Pluto. She sent pictures to her creative team, searched their files, but alas, they didn’t make our Poor Poor Pluto.

So what did Gail do? She STILL didn’t give up:

“Not a problem at all….we’re a toy company. Bringing smiles to kid’s faces is our job!

And apparently her passion! Determined to make my kiddo smile she over-nighted us a box. It arrived yesterday. 








Thank you, Gail. Thank you for your kindness, your determination, your heartfelt way to my kiddo’s smile. It means the world to me that you would go out of your way to help, just because. There is a special place in Heaven for Givers. And, one day, my Friend, we will meet in person there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment