If it were up to TV, and the Internet, and the merchandisers it's all of the games and toys and stuff you need to buy to make kids happy and learn and grow.
When I was little I remember the everyday things turned into fun and silliness. In the summertime, we didn't have a pool, didn't have a/c. We would have hose fights and water balloon tosses and wash the cars to cool off. We would camp out on Mom and Dad's bedroom floor to enjoy their window A/C. We thought it was cool. It never occurred to us it was for money reasons, or any other reason for that matter.We went camping and caught fireflies, and made smores and played cards. It was easy. It was fun. It, obviously, made memories with me.
Last week, Madi and I decided to begin a list. These are things we've done on accident or on a whim or just because. I told her we'd make a list to remember them and to do them again. She assured me she doesn't need reminding. I tend to believe her.
Help me add to the list, would'ya!?
- Chasing a local freight train.
- Pulling over to watch a turtle cross the road.
- Watching the tractors plow.
- Chasing Daddy with dirty hands.
- Running through the sprinkler.
- Running through the puddles after the rain.
- Listening to and smelling the rain from the garage.
- Reading bedtime stories.
- "Washing" dishes.
- Stopping over and over to see the Colt down the road.
- Catching fireflies.
- Digging in the dirt.
- Camping out in the basement when the A/C broke.
- TV Tag & Freeze Tag.
- Mommy "falling" in the bathtub.
- Chasing sand fleas.
- Chalk pictures in the driveway.
- Feeding the ducks.
- Eating Ice Cream without a napkin.
- Finger and Toe Painting the garage floor.
- Pitching pennies in a fountain.
- Making our Sitter hold you while jumping on the trampoline.
List to be continued...