Monday, October 11, 2021

If You Don’t Have Anything Nice to Say…

Finding myself, more often recently, giving excuses for the rudeness around us.

I’m not exactly sure where that is coming from, but I seem to be making up reasons in my head for this person or that person’s bad day. Hoping it’s only a bad moment.

For this rudeness to approach a stranger with such self-perfection and expectation of perfection on my end is ridiculous. We all make mistakes, we all have opinions, we all have feelings.

When those feelings are ignored is when I get upset. Attacking a person for the company’s rules, yelling at a passerby because you feel intentionally cut off, berating an employee for a long line when you’re in a hurry. Who gave you that right?   

If you are hurting, or mad, or just plain in a bad mood for the day, going out in public should be your pick-me-up. Not your spreading of that misery. If it isn’t, perhaps you should stay home and recoup. You need your downtime, too.

And, here’s the thing, is it not rare that any stranger would maliciously, purposely, intend to hurt you? I don’t leave my house daily just to attack others. I don’t set out to make the world miserable. Do you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment