Saturday, May 12, 2012

Play On


Our Spring Soccer Season ended today with a 15-0 Win. What a great season.

About a week before the first Coaches’ meeting our team got an email begging for a Head Coach (You can read that Sucker story here). I am so glad I took the leap of faith.

I had never coached Soccer before. I’ve coached Volleyball and, my love, Basketball. I didn’t think I would be too far out of my league, but I did have some reservations and I was nervous. Luckily, I was blessed with a great team of Under 8 Girls and an assistant coach that I came to appreciate and work with very well.

I did some snooping around online looking for drills, exercises and rules of the game. It’s not as if I knew nothing of the game. For years my brother, his friends, and my friends played throughout school (remember I said I was Basketball). And then for years after that I’ve followed Madi’s GodMother’s Daughter’s career in school ball. Granted the older she got the less rules I was familiar with, but hey, that’s why I was ok to start with U8. :-)

I returned the team equipment today prior to the game and right away was *told* by the Registrar I would be Coaching again in the Fall. I agreed, of course. I mean, I did have a great time. And I’m hoping that by her saying I *had* to, she must have been happy with me coaching and I’m hoping got some good feedback, too.

Oh, also before the game, since Mother's Day is tomorrow, I called all the girls to a huddle, gave them all a carnation and had them run it to the sidelines to their Moms. How sweet is that?

So, all in all, I’d say an undefeated, 7-0, one game rained out, everyone scored Season is pretty good. Don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment